A simple delicious split pea soup recipe for the instant pot with vegetarian options!
About this Recipe
✓ 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
✓ 2 tbsp butter or coconut oil
✓ 1 lb (16 oz.) ground beef or ground turkey
✓ salt and pepper to taste
✓ 1 tbsp dried oregano
✓ 1 tbsp dried basil
✓ 1/2 tbsp dried marjoram
✓ 4 tbsp tomato paste
✓ 1 cup water
✓ 1 cup almond flour
✓ 4 tbsp coconut flour
✓ 1 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
✓ 2 tbsp arrowroot starch or tapioca flour
✓ 1 tsp baking powder
✓ 1 pinch salt
✓ 3 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
✓ 1 egg
✓ 4 tbsp water
✓ 8 oz. ricotta cheese
✓ 7 oz. shredded cheese
2. Fry onion and garlic in butter or coconut oil over medium heat for a few minutes, until the onion is soft. Add the ground beef (or ground turkey) and keep frying. Add oregano or basil and add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Add tomato paste. Add the water. Lower the heat and let simmer for at least 20 minutes. While the meat simmers, make the dough for the crust.
4. Mix all the dough ingredients in a food processor for a few minutes until the dough turns into a ball. If you don't have a food processor, you can mix by hand with a fork.
5. Place a round piece of parchment paper in a well-greased springform pan 9-10 inches in diameter to make it easier to remove the pie when it's done. (You can also use a deep-dish pie pan.) Spread the dough in the pan and up along the sides. Use a spatula or well-greased fingers.
6. Pre-bake the crust for 10-15 minutes. Take it out of the oven and place the meat in the crust. Mix ricotta cheese and shredded cheese together, and layer on top of the pie.
7. Bake for 30-40 minutes on lower rack or until the pie has turned a golden color.
8. Serve with a fresh green salad and dressing.
Variations: you could totally use a store bought pie crust for this, and add in more vegetables!
Butter plus eggs equal the perfect base for a solid breakfast. Start your day off right with our simple yet satisfying version of this breakfast classic. Ready in minutes!
Happy Taco Tuesday! Just kidding, it’s not Tuesday. That’s ok, because it doesn’t have to be Tuesday to have tacos. I believe that tacos are good for any day or every day,…
Questions & Comments
People Who’ve Made This
Yep! that's right, we've got google ads too.
we'd bet you won't even stop to click on them...
Imperfect Foods Review
Instant Pot, Vegetarian, Treats, Gluten-Free Protein-based, Smoothies, and More...
Work from home, Parenting, Exercise, Book Review, Movie Recommendations and More...