Gingery and savory with a slightly spicy kick. Hearty red meat with creamy sesame goodness. All that, keto, and a refreshing salad to boot?? Do you see where we’re going with this? Keto readers – meet your newest favorite food in a bowl!
About this Recipe
✓ 1 tbsp olive oil
✓ 1 tbsp fish sauce
✓ 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
✓ 1 tsp chili flakes
✓ 2/3 lb ribeye steaks
✓ Sesame mayonnaise
✓ 1 egg yolk, at room temperature
✓ 1 tsp Dijon mustard
✓ cup avocado oil or light olive oil
✓ 1 tbsp sesame oil
✓ 1 tbsp lime juice
✓ salt and pepper
✓ 2 scallions
✓ 3 oz. cherry tomatoes
✓ 2 oz. cucumber
✓ 3 oz. lettuce
✓ red onion
✓ fresh cilantro
✓ 1 tbsp sesame seeds
1. Make the sesame mayonnaise by mixing egg yolk and mustard in a bowl.
2. Add avocado oil in a very slow stream while whisking continuously. You can do this by hand or using a hand mixer or
immersion blender. Add sesame oil, lime juice and spices towards the end, once the mayonnaise has emulsified. Reserve.
3. Mix all ingredients for the beef marinade and pour into a plastic bag. Add the beef and marinate for 15 minutes or more
at room temperature.
4. Chop all vegetables for the salad, except the scallions, into bite-sized pieces. Divide between two plates.
5. Heat a medium frying pan over medium heat. Add sesame seeds to the dry pan, and toast them for a couple of minutes, or
until they’re lightly browned and fragrant. Set aside for later.
6. Pat the meat dry on both sides with paper towels. Fry for a minute or two on each side on high heat, or until cooked to
medium. (In this dish, the beef is best served at medium, but you can make it well done if you prefer, like we do…)
7. Fry the scallions for a minute in the same pan, after removing the meat to set aside.
8. Slice the meat, across the grain, into thin slices. Place beef and scallions on top of the vegetables. Serve with roasted
sesame seeds and sesame mayonnaise.
In a hurry? If you don’t feel like making mayo from scratch, just add some sesame oil and lime juice to store-bought
mayonnaise. Craving a bit of variety? Try swapping in salmon or pre-cooked chicken instead of the beef.
Questions & Comments
People Who’ve Made This
Yep! that's right, we've got google ads too.
we'd bet you won't even stop to click on them...
Imperfect Foods Review
Instant Pot, Vegetarian, Treats, Gluten-Free Protein-based, Smoothies, and More...
Work from home, Parenting, Exercise, Book Review, Movie Recommendations and More...