Butter plus eggs equal the perfect base for a solid breakfast. Start your day off right with our simple yet satisfying version of this breakfast classic. Ready in minutes!
About this Recipe
✓ 67.6 oz filtered water (just fill up the carton twice from the coconut cream)
✓ Nondairy yogurt starter, 1/4 cup plain nondairy yogurt or powder from 3 probiotic pills* we use Nordic Naturals, but have more consistent results with a dedicated starter or yogurt for the dairy free option.
If you choose a nondairy probiotic starter, many of our readers have suggested one like this dairy-free vegan one. Another option is to use a couple of tablespoons of plain additive-free live cultured coconut yogurt, but that is nearly impossible to find in a store near us.
2. Press the “yogurt” button then “adjust” button until it says “boil” on the interface. Stir very well as it heats up, once fully mixed stir occasionally until boil cycle ends.
3. Once the boil cycle ends, remove the inner liner and let it cool to about 110° F. Stir throughout the cooling process, and stir very well before checking! You can put the liner in an ice bath to speed this process up.
4. Once the boil cycle ends, remove the inner liner and let it cool to about 110° F. Stir throughout the cooling process, and stir very well before checking! You can put the liner in an ice bath to speed this process up.
5. Put the inner liner back in the appliance. Put the glass lid on your IP, and set the “yogurt” function for the full cycle, 24 hours. DON’T TOUCH IT during this time. A slight shake of the pot to see if it jiggles is all you’re allowed to do.
6. After the full cycle is complete, put the inner liner into the fridge (with lid) for 4 hours to let it thicken and cool. Again, do not disturb the yogurt during this time! Once set/cooled, enjoy with your favorite toppings!
-- Nutrition Notes --
This vegan/dairy free option is suitable for anyone without dietary restrictions, except obviously those with a coconut allergy. We prefer the whole milk option as it is cultured enough to not bother our stomachs!
As always we hope you enjoy our recipes and please give your suggestions for what you want to see next. We highly encourage experimentation when cooking, after all, that is how we began blogging about our creations! Feel free to add/omit ingredients or substitute what you have on hand and tell us how your variations turn out!
Keep everyone happy with this satisfying, cheese-topped keto-friendly main dish masterpiece. Meat pie may be a little old-school, but it’s time to rediscover its deliciousness.
Hi friends! I have been out of the blogging game for a little while here and have been slacking on running final tests on recipes to post for you. My in laws are spoiling us and we…
Questions & Comments
People Who’ve Made This
Yep! that's right, we've got google ads too.
we'd bet you won't even stop to click on them...
Imperfect Foods Review
Instant Pot, Vegetarian, Treats, Gluten-Free Protein-based, Smoothies, and More...
Work from home, Parenting, Exercise, Book Review, Movie Recommendations and More...